Poor me, right?
Today was a day I didn’t mind cleaning out my refrigerator because little did I know there was a yummy surprise waiting for me.
As I was getting rid of old leftovers and composting lettuce that turned into (ahem) liquid, I found a glass dish hiding behind a Costco-sized mayonnaise jar. As I slowly removed the lid off of the container I was immediately expecting a foul and putrid odor to waft out. With one eye open I quickly peeked under the lid and immediately realized it was pineapple I had doused with vodka and a splash of triple sec weeks ago, May 5th to be exact.
Although my intention was to eat the pineapple at the time I’m happy to have let it sit for so long because it made the most delicious pineapple infused vodka. Because of my strong sense of smell and even stronger gag reflex I’m so happy my kitchen didn’t smell rank, it smelled like Maui, almost Juicy Fruit-ish my friends. Ah, yes, of only every day could begin like this. Score!
Pineapple Infused Vodka (the Woops! version):
- Cut up one whole pineapple
- Throw in a glass container
- Pour approximately 1 cup of vodka over the top
- Sprinkle with triple sec, approximately 1/8 cup
- Place in refrigerator for 19 days (that’s how long mine was in there, haha)
- Strain through a colander
- Strain again through a coffee filter
- Pour into pint-sized container
- Top off with more vodka
- Throw in the freezer