I’m happy to report that the HIGHLY ADDICTIVE PUMPKIN SEED BRITTLE recipe was a success!
My friend, Heather, was right this is a recipe that you’ll want to make more than one batch at a time. If you missed the recipe on Friday, here’s a recap.
*3/4 cup raw pumpkin or pepita seeds–lightly toasted in the oven with a sprinkle of sea salt and drizzle of olive oil
2 TBSP unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar in the raw ( turbinado sugar)
1/2 cup dark brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp chili powder
1/2 TBSP ground cinnamon
dash of ground black pepper
sea salt to taste
1. In a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter with chili powder, cinnamon, pepper and vanilla extract.
2. Stir in both sugars, stirring constantly for about 5-10 minutes to avoid burning.
3. After the sugars clump and melt. Add pumpkin seeds and mix well.
4. Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet that has been covered with parchment or wax paper. I used a lightly buttered non-stick cookie sheet and it worked great. Spread thin, sprinkle with sea salt and allow to cool.
5. You can pop it in the fridge to speed up the process. Once the candy is hard, just break into pieces and serve. Two hungry adults will finish this off in no time! Double or triple the recipe for parties.